Overview: Auric Basin (Defending the City of Tarir)
Defending the City of Tarir is the Meta Event that occurs towards the end of an Auric Basin cycle. This event involves the setting up and killing of four menacing Octovines terrorizing each lane of Tarir. Each Octovine (North, East, South, and West) resides in its own lane of Tarir, and the primary goal of this event is to defeat all four octovines within two minutes of eachother. Therefore, this event requires a decent amount of coordination. This guide will explain the strategy that Attuned uses to defeat each Octovine, although please be advised that this is not the only way to complete this event!
When you are running events with Attuned, please take note of the following:
1. It is very important that you are able to connect to our Teamspeak server at ts.gw2attuned.org (no password). Talking is not required, but it is important that you are able to listen. If you do not have Teamspeak please go to teamspeak.com and download the client. This is required as our Commanders will be giving instructions specific to each Wurm head and following those instructions are crucial to the success of the event.
2. Be sure that you are bringing the best damage build that you can bring, Exotic LvL80 Armor, Weapons, Trinkets or higher are preferable. Please consider using one the builds that we offer within our guides.
3. It is highly encouraged to obtain consumables such as Fire Elemental Powders, Ogre Pet Whistles and Deployable Mortar Kits for use if the commander calls for it. Check out our Consumables Guide for more info.
4. Use Superior Sigil of Bloodlust for Power builds or Superior Sigil of Corruption for Condition builds. Having at least one of these Sigils on one of your equipped weapons is highly beneficial to the overall damage our teams can do.
5. We will always provide feasts of Orrian Truffle Steaks(Power) and Rare Veggie Pizzas(Condition), a Hero Banner/Road Markers(Crimson), as well as Sharpening Stone Stations for each group.
Before the event officially starts, set up begins at [Firthside Vigil Waypoint] at the center of Bloodtide Coast. Please wait on the hill by the waypoint until your profession is called. You will notice four different tags: Red is for the Crimson Wurm,.Blue is for the Cobalt Wurm, Yellow is for the Amber Wurm, and Purple is for organizing and setting up. If you have a specific request, ask the Officer with the Purple tag and we will do our best to accomodate you.
• North Lane
North is a very straightforward lane. Players will need to equip the herbicide turrets provided near the start of the room and shoot them at the Octovine to drop the shield layers. Armors should focus on protecting the players by knocking away Triggerblossoms and stunning and killing enemies.
• East Lane
East is the easiest room. Players can use the mushroom to get on the upper platform. There they will find bombs. Use the updraft to glide over the room and towards the Octovine and then drop the bombs on it to destroy the shield. Armors here will mostly focus on damaging the Octovine once it is vulnerable as players will mostly be in the air and in no immediate danger.
• South Lane
An Exalted Explosive spawns at the start of the room and needs to be kicked into the Octovine to damage the shield. This can only be done by players by using knockback and pull skills on the explosive. Armors cannot interact with it and should focus on protecting it by kicking away the Triggerblossoms and stunning and killing enemies as required.
• West Lane
Players need to step into the circle at the start and transform into a small mushroom. They then need to make their way to the Octovine and use ability 1 to explode under it to damage the shield. The mushrooms are very vulnerable: a single hit will knock players out of the transformation. They are also slow. The room spawns frog enemies that will actively hunt down mushrooms. Armors need to stun them using ability 4 to keep them away from mushrooms. Rollers and Triggerblossoms should simply be dodged.
It is also possible for mushrooms to jump using ability 2 and deploy the gliders mid air to make some easy distance. It is reccomended that you do this because of how much faster it allows each mushroom to move.