Overview: Chak Gerent (King of the Jungle)
The Chak Gerents are four Legendary Chak that spawn in each of the four lanes (Ogre, Nuhoch, Rata Novus, SCAR) around [Ley-Line Confluence] during the King of the Jungle Meta Event. This event involves the preparation of each lane's defenses by doing events tied to that lane, such as raising beetles for the Nuhoch. In order to successfully complete the Meta Event, all Four Chak Gerents must be defeated before they reach the Ley Line Cannon. Frequently, the Chak Gerent will burrow underground, which will require the squad in that lane to successfully complete a lane-specific event that will cause the Chak Gerent to emerge.
Each lane is tied to a specific outpost in Tangled Depths. Completing the entire chain of events for an outpost will activate it at maximum power. The further along these event chains are, the more defenses will be available throughout the lane to assist the squad in fighting the Chak Gerent. Ideally, you would want all outpost chains to be completed before you start the Meta Event.
When you are running events with Attuned, please take note of the following:
1. It is very important that you are able to connect to our Teamspeak server at ts.gw2attuned.org (no password). Talking is not required, but it is important that you are able to listen. If you do not have Teamspeak please go to teamspeak.com and download the client. This is required as our Commanders will be giving instructions specific to each Wurm head and following those instructions are crucial to the success of the event.
2. Be sure that you are bringing the best damage build that you can bring, Exotic LvL80 Armor, Weapons, Trinkets or higher are preferable. Please consider using one the builds that we offer within our guides.
3. It is highly encouraged to obtain consumables such as Fire Elemental Powders, Ogre Pet Whistles and Deployable Mortar Kits for use if the commander calls for it. Check out our Consumables Guide for more info.
4. Use Superior Sigil of Bloodlust for Power builds or Superior Sigil of Corruption for Condition builds. Having at least one of these Sigils on one of your equipped weapons is highly beneficial to the overall damage our teams can do.
5. We will always provide feasts of Orrian Truffle Steaks(Power) and Rare Veggie Pizzas(Condition), a Hero Banner/Road Markers(Crimson), as well as Sharpening Stone Stations for each group.
Each of the four lanes has a lane-specific 'objective' that they need to complete in order to lure out the Chak Gerent and damage it. If any lane fails to complete its objective, all four lanes will immediately fail, and the Meta Event ends. Completing the lane-specific objectives are a top priority and will be described in each lane's section.
When the lane-specific objective is successfully finished, the Chak Gerent emerges from underground and can be damaged by the squad. The damage phase lasts for 3 minutes. Once this 'burn' phase ends, the Chak Gerent will submerge again and move closer towards the Ley Line Cannon. There are a total of three burn phases before the boss reaches the Ley Line Cannon you're trying to protect.
When the lane-specific objective is completed early, a bonus objective appears that can be completed by doing the lane-specific objective again. The more you fill this bar, the more bonus support your lane will get when the Chak Gerent emerges for the burn phase.
• Ogre Lane
The area is covered with Chak Eggs, players can use their weapons or the Environmental Chak-Egg Crusher hammer to deal damage to the Eggs and break them. After enough eggs are destroyed, You will have weakened the Chak Gerent. The more eggs that are destroyed, the more weakened the Chak Gerent will become.
• Nuhoch Lane
Scattered throughout the cavern are a lot of Mushrooms and Mushroom Nodules. The players must jump ontop of the giant mushrooms and interact with the Mushroom Nodules and stomp them. Stomping the nodules releases spores that will effectively weaken the Chak Gerent when it emerges. The more spores the squad releases, the more the Gerent will be weakened.
• Rata Novus Lane
There is a giant Ley-Golem in the center of the Lane. Your goal is to break the Ley-Energy Containers and pick up the Ley Energy. Once you have the Ley Energy, you must throw it at the Golem, which will power him up slightly. After the golem has gained enough power, he will activate. Further power increases his ability and damage.
• SCAR Lane
You must defend the Charr Engineers as they repair their Defense Systems. This lane has no 'mechanic' so-to-speak. Just attacking and killing Chak.