Overview: Tequatl the Sunless
Tequatl the Sunless is one of Zhaitans strongest champions that we, the heroes of Tyria are able to defeat in Guild Wars 2. Although he isn't a difficult World Boss, many players still struggle to defeat him. Below is a guide as to what Attuned does when battling Tequatl.
When you are running events with Attuned, please take note of the following:
1. It is very important that you are able to connect to our Teamspeak server at ts.gw2attuned.org (no password). Talking is not required, but it is important that you are able to listen. If you do not have Teamspeak please go to teamspeak.com and download the client. This is required as our Commanders will be giving instructions specific to each Wurm head and following those instructions are crucial to the success of the event.
2. Be sure that you are bringing the best damage build that you can bring, Exotic LvL80 Armor, Weapons, Trinkets or higher are preferable. Please consider using one the builds that we offer within our guides.
3. It is highly encouraged to obtain consumables such as Fire Elemental Powders, Ogre Pet Whistles and Deployable Mortar Kits for use if the commander calls for it. Check out our Consumables Guide for more info.
4. Use Superior Sigil of Bloodlust for Power builds or Superior Sigil of Corruption for Condition builds. Having at least one of these Sigils on one of your equipped weapons is highly beneficial to the overall damage our teams can do.
5. We will always provide feasts of Orrian Truffle Steaks(Power) and Rare Veggie Pizzas(Condition), a Hero Banner/Road Markers(Crimson), as well as Sharpening Stone Stations for each group.
• Turret Team: 6 Players dedicated to being on the Hylek turrets, buffing the squad, and keeping his [Hardened Scales] below 20.
• Southern Boat Team: 4-5 Players dedicated to defeating monsters that spawn by the wreckage of the boat near Turrets #1-3.
• Repairer: 1 Player dedicated to running between defense teams when needed and using Repair Hammers to repair damaged Turrets.
• Northern Defense Team: 4-5 Players dedicated to defeating monsters that spawn in the water infront of Turrets #4-6.
• Zerg: Everyone Else. Dedicated to dealing damage to Tequatl the Sunless and activating his Battery Phases as quickly as possible.
• [Hardened Scales] - Tequatl's scales harden over time. At 20 stacks he will summon a bone wall that will make him invulnerable to all damage until it is detroyed. Players controlling the 6 Hylek Turrets can use the skill #2 ([Scale Penetration]) to remove one stack of Hardened Scales per shot.
• [Poison Pool] - Tequatl lifts its front-right foot and summons multiple area of effect fields that pulse every 1 second over 6 seconds, dealing damage and inflicting Movement speed decreased by 50%; stacks duration. Crippled for 10 seconds with each pulse. Despite having poison in the name, they do not apply the poisoned condition. These circles are similar in appearance to the AoE created by Tequatl's Fingers with clouds of poison, but have a blacker coloring and are larger. These fields are not cleansable by Hylek Turrets and will damage the turrets.
• [Undead Breath] - Frontal area effect that lasts for 5 seconds, dealing damage while causing Deals damage every second; heal potency decreased by 33%; stacks intensity. Poison and Involuntary retreat; unable to act; stacks duration. Fear for 5 seconds every 1 second.
• [Shockwave] - Tequatl stomps with each front foot, creating a wave that travels outward from the foot it used. Each wave deals damage 3 times and Launches on collision but players can dodge through to evade or time jumps to avoid them completely. This skill is used very frequently. Players standing too close to where Tequatl stomps will be hit by the wave 3 times from multiple directions, taking massive amounts of damage.
• [Dragon Barrage] - Frontal area effect that fires slow moving projectiles toward randomly selected enemies, Knockback Knockback on collision.
• [Watery Grave] - Creates multiple whirlpool area of effect fields that last for 3 seconds, pulling players beneath the ground into a special underwater area. While underwater, players are afflicted with Watery Grave, taking damage over time until they swim up to patches of light that lead to the surface. This skill is the only way players can enter the unique underwater area.
• [Dragon's Step] - High-damage point-blank area effect that occurs where Tequatl places its feet while walking or adjusting its position. This skill deals lethal damage when it occurs during the transition between phase 1 and phase 2 and as the dragon is escaping after the event has failed. During the encounter, players that are too close to Tequatl's feet after the dragon uses other skills can also be hit by this attack, but it deals significantly less damage this way. The exact amount of damage this skill deals during the encounter appears to vary and it can also occasionally Launch.
• [Tail Swipe] - Cone area effect behind Tequatl that hits up to 1-6 times and Launches. This only occurs when the dragon stomps, uses Undead Breath, or summons Fingers.
• General Information:
Every time Tequatl loses 25% of his maximum health, the event [Defend the Megalaser and the Batteries in the East, West, and North] occurs.
Along with waves of undead attacking, two to three times through each battery phase a Champion Krait Hypnoss will spawn near Turrets #4-6. The Krait is immune to control effects and will move towards the Megalaser slowly and begin draining the Megalaser's health. The Krait Hypnoss takes priority over all else when it spawns.
• North Battery
Along with waves of undead attacking, throughout the battery phase Grub Holes will become active. If left unattended to, then Veteran Grubs will spawn and deal heavy damage to the Northern Battery. In order to prevent this, players must go around the Battery and Interact with these Grub Holes in order to stomp them and prevent them from spawning Grubs.
• East Battery
Along with waves of undead attacking, occasionally Abominations will spawn and slowly move towards the Eastern Battery before self-destructing and dealing a lot of damage to the Battery. The only way to prevent this is to defeat the Abomination before it reaches the battery.
• West Battery
Along with waves of undead attacking, throughout the battery phase Tequatl will summon stationary 'Fingers of Tequatl' that will continuously throw Poison Fields at the Battery. The only way to prevent the battery from being destroy are to defeat the Fingers before they get out of hand. Projectile Reflects also come in handy here as the Fingers' attacks are projectiles.